Wednesday 2 September 2009

Saffron Play Thread

You have been examining an ancient masterwork that has come into interpol's possession. For two days you have been pouring over it trying to discover if it is real or an almost perfect fake. The job is frustrating because interpol want results fast and at this point you think it will be days before you can be sure, unless you perform a procedure that is potentially damaging...damaging only on a scale that an expert would ever notice, but still damage.
It has been a long day and you are walking back from the subway station to your house in Woodland Heights when you notice that a guy that got on the train near your work, is walking up the street behind you on the other side of the road.

4 comments:

  1. I continue walking for the next block or two, carefully watching if the follower is still behind me. If so, I scoot round the corner at the of block, and hide myself behind whatever cover I can find, and pull my dagger from out of my boot and wait. If the follower walks past me then I jump out behind him and put my dagger to his throat. I say nothing but wait for his reaction...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go around a corner and notice that 10 seconds later he has rounded the corner so you take the next turn which is an alley and crouch behind a dumpster. He walks past, looking around and you pounce. You have the blade to his throat.

    "What! Are you crazy lady, what are you doing?" he yells

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I had made sure he did not see me as I jumped out behind him).

    "If you weren't following me, how did you know that I was a lady"? (myself being tall for a woman)

    "You have ten seconds to give me a very convincing reason not to cut your throat" I say as I push the knife slightly harder against his throat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a little blood wells out from under the blade as you push down.
    "Ah!" he yelps. "Ah course I was followin' ya. Knuckles is keepin' an eye on ya."
    There is a lot of nervousness in his voice.

    ReplyDelete